Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sharpies, Sharpies, how do I love Sharpies? Let me Count the ways

Spring Butterflies Card
I wanted to make a card for the Easter holiday last weekend but didn't have a lot of time that I could devote, so instead of paints, I  picked up a new pack of
 Sharpie Markers. I had been needing them anyway (yes, they are a necessity in my book) for awhile. This would be my third pack in the last ten years or so. I have found that they last quite a long time, even with a lot of use. This is one of the reasons I like them so much. That and the colors. They have a variety of different packs, neon colors, "80"s glam colors and for me the best is the large packs of 24 or so. These give you the widest variety of colors and versatility.

Another reason that I like Sharpies is their ease of use and they don't tend to dry up like a lot of the cheaper brands.Working with Sharpies has given me and my grandchildren many, many hours of enjoyment and gave wing to our creativity. When I want a piece to be bright and perky and bold, I use Sharpies. They also are great for outlining other medium such as colored pencil or water paints.

Also, as an artist, having a medium that is permanent is important if you plan to show your work or at least want it to last a long time, as Sharpies are permanent and durable.

So, if you haven't tried out using Sharpies as an artist medium, try them. I think you will agree they will please the creative muse in you.

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you have a comment, question or wish to contribute to this blog, email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment